The FBI has recently released its crime statistics for the year 2020, and a hearty congratulations is in order for American blacks; their share of homicides has risen to 56.52%!
In the FBI’s expanded homicide data, the black share of known murder offenders increased to a new record of 56.52%.
But, the big news is that while the number of known murder offenders (who can therefore be tabulated racially) increased by 17.3 percent, the number of Unknown murder offenders grew 36.0%. Traditionally, murders in black neighborhoods tend to have the lowest clearance rate, what with snitches getting stitches.
So the black share of murder offenders likely went up even more.
As usual, the FBI stats sloppily lump together Hispanics and non-Hispanic whites into a white supercategory that is out of sync with how most government agencies think about race and ethnicity over the last generation. Hence, I just look at black vs. nonblack (white, Hispanic, Asian, American Indian, etc)…
If you use the more expansive latter figure for the at least partially racially black population of 14.2%, then the ratio of black (and blackish) known murder offenders to nonblack known murder offenders in 2020 was 8.4 to 1. (If use use the more restrictive black-only figure of 12.4%, you get a black to non-black ratio of 9.8 to 1.)
Incredibly, even the the lower (at least part-black) ratio of 8.4 to one is a little higher than the the per capita male to female known murder offender ratio of 7.5 to 1.
We see that the black-on-white homicide rate is higher than the male-on-female homicide rate…
Therefore, it should come as no surprise that the American Psychological Association has addressed this issue:
Resolution On Black Violence Against Whites
Whereas violence against whites is a major cause of reduced quality of life, distress, injury and death for whites and has serious secondary effects for families, communities, and the economy…
Whereas psychologists, as researchers, service providers, and policy advocates, have important roles to play in educating the public and preventing and treating violence against whites;
Whereas levels of assaultive and lethal violence against whites remain high, despite two decades of increased awareness and legislation;
Therefore be it resolved that the American Psychological Association:
- Support public policy initiatives in research, prevention and intervention areas, including legal and legislative reform.
- Support legislative efforts that seek to redress race-based power imbalances, including legislation on civil rights…
- Explore avenues to improve training of psychologists to recognize and treat victims of violence and to conduct research on prevention and intervention with the white victims themselves…
- Explore interventions for children and adolescents who have been exposed to racial violence and who are therefore at risk for violent behavior or victimization.
- Explore avenues to disseminate materials available on violence against whites including those of the APA Task Force on Black Violence Against Whites to policy makers, professional communities, church and community groups, educational institutions and the general public.
- Explore ways to increase public and private funding for research on violence against whites.
- Explore avenues for showcasing, in the Association’s publications, research on black violence against whites so as to increase the extent to which it is viewed as within the mainstream of psychological concerns.
- Explore avenues for greater collaboration with legal, medical, and other professional disciplines on international, national, regional, and local levels to prevent violence against whites.